Community for young adults!
Our dream is for a different way of being God’s people in the midst of modern life in the burbs. As part of that dream, we believe in communities of hope: intentional gatherings of people who choose to live together, to support each other in life, and to serve those around us.
The MBC Flats is an opportunity for you to be part of a community like this.
- Those in the flats community gather weekly to share a meal, hear each other’s stories, and support each other in the life of faith, hope and love.
- There are lots of opportunities to get involved in community happenings and service activities around MBC life.
- The Flats Community will be facilitated and supported by members of the broader multi-age MBC community.
- Yearly leases (from February to January)
- Four flats consisting of two separate bedrooms, a shared kitchen and common area.
- Furnishings including a bed, table, chairs, couch, heaters, fridge and most kitchen essentials.
- One laundry shared by all residents.
- Monthly rent includes water, gas, and unlimited internet – electricity is charged according to usage.
- 2017 rents: $150 per week.
Murrumbeena is a small suburb in Melbourne’s east, with heaps of opportunities for community development, building connections and getting involved with great projects.
- The Flats are in the middle of Murrumbeena, next to a local shopping strip and right beside the church building.
- We are 250m walk to Murrumbeena train station and 20min by train from the city (13km)
- For students, the flats are convenient to the CBD and inner city campuses and accessible to Monash and Deakin (Burwood) by public transport.
MBC has a strong community with a diverse congregation who seek to follow Jesus and support each other through life. We get together for a Sunday morning service, facilitate various small groups, run a food co-op, and are involved in our local community.
Many of our Flats residents are actively involved in life at MBC.